In the world of architectural design, intricate jali patterns have always been admired for their elegance and charm. These lattice-like screens add a unique touch to buildings, creating captivating visual effects. In this tutorial, we’ll guide you through the process of creating jali patterns using Curtain Wall systems and Curtain Panel Families in Revit. Follow along to bring an artistic flair to your architectural projects.
Step 1: Creating a Curtain Panel Family
- Start by launching Revit and opening a new family using the “Curtain Panel Pattern Based” template.
- Design your jali pattern within the boundaries of the panel. Use lines, arcs, and other shapes to create the desired lattice design.
- Save and load the family into your project. You can download the example Curtain Panel Family here.
Step 2: Creating a Curtain Wall and Adjusting Properties
- Open a new Revit architectural project where you’d like to implement your jali pattern.
- Navigate to the “Architecture” tab and click on the “Wall” tool. Choose “Curtain Wall.”
- Place the curtain wall on the desired location of your project.
- Select the curtain wall, and in the “Properties” palette, choose the type with the jali pattern that you previously loaded.
Step 3: Fine-tuning the Jali Pattern
- To refine the appearance, click on the curtain wall and enter the “Edit Type” dialog.
- Here, you can adjust properties like the vertical and horizontal grid spacing, reveal sizes, and more.
- Experiment with different settings to achieve the desired look for your jali pattern.
Step 4: Adding the Curtain Panel with Jali Pattern
- In the “Edit Type” dialog, navigate to the “Curtain Panels” section.
- Click on the “Insert” button and select the Curtain Panel Family you created earlier.
- Adjust the placement settings to determine how the jali pattern is distributed within the curtain wall.
Step 5: Watch the Tutorial and Subscribe to Our YouTube Channel
For a more visual guide, watch our comprehensive tutorial on creating jali patterns in Revit. Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel for more exciting tutorials and architectural insights. Watch the tutorial here.
Step 6: Access More Revit Families and Models
Expand your architectural toolkit by becoming a CivilMix Patreon supporter. As a patron, you’ll gain access to a wide range of exclusive Revit families, models, and resources to enhance your design projects. Become a CivilMix Patreon and unlock a world of creative possibilities.
By following these steps and exploring the resources we’ve provided, you’ll be able to effortlessly incorporate stunning jali patterns into your architectural designs. Elevate your projects with intricate lattice-like screens that add character and sophistication. Download the Curtain Panel Family, watch our tutorial, and embark on a journey of artistic architectural expression today!